Dear Faculty, Students, and Staff;
It has been great to have live classes back in our building for the past few months. We’ve made every effort to remain a safe space, with masks, smaller classes, and social distancing. Whenever possible our events and get-togethers have been staged on our front lawn to minimize the risks of social gatherings.
Unfortunately, with the new Delta variant, we need to go back to stricter controls. Here are the requirements for visiting TAC as of September 7, 2021.
- For our Fall classes, we plan to be fully in-person in our galleries, events, and classes.
- All in-person staff, faculty, students ages 12 and up, and vendors must be vaccinated*
- Faculty, TAC Staff, and Students ages 12 and up are required to show proof of their vaccination status and proof-of-vaccination documentation by September 7 (per Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order, issued August 26, 2021)
- You can present your documentation to either the Director of Education, Mairin Hartt, or Executive Director, James Lynch, on the day of your first class or can email your documentation to the Director of Education
- TAC will not keep your documentation on file and you are not required to show proof-of-vaccination documentation to anyone at TAC except the Director of Education or the Executive Director. **
- All staff, faculty, students, and vendors will be required to be vaccinated to attend live events, classes, or workshops.
- Keep your proof with you. TAC reserves the right to ask for proof of vaccination status for any participant in live programs, classes, or workshops held in our facility.
- Regardless of vaccination status, anyone entering the premises of TAC will be required to wear masks covering their nose and mouth, including in studios and classes.
- As per CDC and IDPH guidelines, a minimum of 3-feet distancing will be maintained in classes and throughout the building to the extent possible.
- Remember: Break-through Covid-19 infections are possible even for vaccinated individuals. We continue to require that you should stay home if you are not feeling well and not return to live classes, studio time, or events until you test negative for COVID-19.
- We will continue to monitor state and CDC guidelines and update our policies accordingly. Let’s hope for the best.
* If you are not vaccinated, you must show proof of receiving the first Covid Vaccination shot or proof that you have scheduled your first shot Covid Vaccination shot. If you have received your first Covid Vaccination shot, you must show proof of schedule for the second injection within 42 days of the first shot. All in-person Faculty, TAC Staff, and eligible students must be fully vaccinated by October 30.
** In the case of a medical exemption, medical documentation will need to be provided to the Director of Education or Executive Director.
*** Please review the In-Person Open Studio and Class Safety Protocols specific guidelines and updates.