A not-for-profit visual arts organization since 1960, this vigorous community-centered organization inspires everyone from tots through seniors to achieve and transform their world through more than 450 art classes offered annually in photography, oil, and acrylic painting, watercolor, pastel, mixed media painting, ceramics, jewelry making, metalsmithing, digital arts, fiber art, mosaics, assemblage and more.
The Art Center’s vision is to be a cultural destination that inspires and ignites a passion for the arts; providing a forum for self-expression, dialogue, and community engagement.
The Art Center, a not-for-profit organization, is the North Shore’s home for artistic discovery and creative exploration. Through innovative programs, exhibitions, and classes designed for all levels and ages, The Art Center provides a welcoming space for our diverse communities to experience and participate in the arts.
Some of our many programs
- Classes and Workshops: over 400 visual arts classes and workshops are offered annually, serving over 2400 children, teens, adults, and senior citizens
- Student Scholarships are offered each year to those in need for classes, workshops, and creative summer art camps.
- Contemporary Art Exhibits: are held throughout the year in our museum quality galleries, featuring emerging through established artists.
- Festival of Fine Art: the annual juried outdoor art festival and in June, that showcases the region’s and nation’s finest crafts.
- Recycled Art Sale: now taking place in the Fall and will feature thousands of donated artworks/art pieces for sale to benefit our scholarship program.
- Outreach educational programs with partner organizations throughout the region
- Community Exhibit Outreach Program: mounting exhibits in local business retailers and Highland Park’s City Hall.
- February “Focus on Youth” Art Month: devoting all of TAC’s galleries each February to exhibiting the work of the talented students of Highland Park High School, Deerfield High School, and the twelve District 112 elementary and middle schools.
- Sunday Salons – arts-related talks with filmmakers, dancers, artists, community leaders, and as many interesting topics as we can offer
- Late Nights in the Gallery happen all year round, with micro-performances by musicians and, weather permitting, picnics on the lawn
The Art Center is committed to a safe environment for all of our students, visitors, instructors, and donors. We have a Zero Tolerance Policy and a Code of Conduct to ensure security and creative freedom for all.