Volunteer at TAC
As a non-profit organization, TAC consistently relies on the generous support of volunteers to help us fulfill our mission. Volunteers help support administrative tasks, assist with special events, and lend their skills to various projects and programs.
We welcome administrative support throughout the calendar year. However, TAC’s need for volunteers is often dictated by our special events schedule. To join The Art Center’s volunteer list please fill out the Contact Form below. In the Comments section please indicate the area you are interested in volunteering for The Art Center. For questions or additional information on becoming a TAC volunteer, please contact Sofia Macht, E-mail Sofia or call 847.432.1888.
Recycled (pre-owned) Art Sale
- From July through October, TAC relies on volunteers to help research, catalog, clean and organize artwork donated for the Recycled (pre-owned) Art Sale.
- On the opening night of the event, volunteers help with guest check-in, monitoring the silent auction, serve as “runners” as people purchase art, and help hang/remove artwork.
- Gala Committee members primarily work from January through early May. They help solicit in-kind donors to provide food and beverages for the event, donations for our silent auction, and they help set-up the silent auction in the days leading up to the event.
- TAC also needs help from volunteers on the night of the Gala to assist with guest check-in, silent auction monitoring, and raffle ticket sales.
The Festival of Fine Arts
- The 30th Annual Festival of Fine Arts will run June 24th and 25th 2017. Free and open to the public, the Festival will feature over 125 artists and booths from around the world and works in a wide variety of mediums.
- TAC requires a large number of volunteers to work the entry gates and information booths at this outdoor, art festival at the end of June. Over the two days of the festival, volunteers are asked to work 2 – 3 hour shifts beginning at 9:00 AM through 5:30 PM.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Art Center – Highland Park!