IN-PERSON OPEN STUDIO/CLASS SAFETY PROTOCOL
Phase 5, Updated 08/31/2021
TAC has updated its safety protocols following guidelines outlined by the CDC, Illinois Department of Health, and Executive Order issued by Governor Pritzker on August 26, 2021.
Please note that these open studio/class days/times may be changed and/or be reduced to accommodate future in-person classes or according to updated recommendations by health officials in response to changing pandemic conditions.
TACHP BUILDING SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The below protocols were based on the following:
All individuals ages 2 and up are required to wear a face mask and social distance while inside The Art Center, regardless of vaccination status. This is in accordance with CDC guidelines to minimize the spread of the Delta Variant and the Executive Order issued by Governor of Illinois on August 26, 2021.
Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled class time. You may not enter your classroom if there is another class present
- Per Executive Order issued by Illinois Governor Pritzker on August 26, 2021 and took effect on August 30 2021, TAC is requiring all in-person students, ages 12 and up, to show proof of receiving a Covid-19 Vaccination to either the Director of Education or the Executive Director.
- In-person students with medical exemption from the Covid-19 Vaccine will need to show medical documentation.
- In-person students ages 12 and up who are unable to receive the Covid-19 Vaccine due to medical exemption must take weekly Covid-19 tests. You may be asked to show proof of weekly test results to the Director of Education or the Executive Director.
- Please go straight to your classroom and check in with your instructor upon entering the building
- Class sizes will be based on the size of the classroom and student age. All adult classes will be limited to 80% capacity or less. Youth classes are limited to 60% capacity or less.
- Classrooms will be set up for you prior to you entering the room. Please remain in your area. If you need to move from your designated space please inform the teacher in order to maintain social distancing.
- Masks must remain on for the entire time at TAC, including the classroom and restrooms. This applies to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
TAC facility staff will continue following a scheduled cleaning protocol focusing on youth classrooms but all students, faculty and staff are requested to consistently clean any surface they contact during their sessions.
- Classrooms will be sanitized between open studio/class session with youth.
- Shared tools used in youth classes must be wiped down with sanitizing wipes or soap and water.
- Hand sanitizer can be found in each classroom and around the building.
- Please wash your hands often. There are contactless soap and paper towel dispensers in every classroom and bathroom
- Our HVAC system constantly circulates fresh air into the rooms
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Water coolers are off limits
- Please use a paper towel or disinfecting wipe to open the bathroom doors and avoid bare-hand touch of common surface.
- Elevator allows for two people at one time.
- If you have symptoms, stay home.
- Any individual exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine for 10 days from date of exposure or onset of symptoms, regardless of vaccination status. You may return to TAC only if you have received a negative COVID-19 test that has been taken no less than 5 days after the date of exposure or onset of symptoms AND are not exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If any individual tests positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, they must quarantine for 10 days from date of exposure AND are no longer exhibiting symptoms.
- If you refuse to follow any of the above items, you will be asked to leave the premises.