Beyond the Selfie!
March 1-April 7, 2019
Entry Deadline: February 1, 2019
The Art Center Highland Park (TAC) is searching for work that reaches beyond the traditional concept of a self-portrait. With today’s obsession with “Selfies,” how are artists exploring representations of the self? We are looking for work that pushes the boundaries of expression and interpretations of the theme.
Guest Jurors:Judy Norris & Suzette Bross
- The entry fee is $35 for 3 pieces of work.
- All entries must be received by February 1, 2019
- Open to all media and all artists 18 years and older. No work may exceed 48″ wide (framed) and 70″ length, or be more than 50 lbs. Installations will be considered please describe details.
- All entries must include an artist statement.
- Works should be for sale and TAC will retain a commission of 35% for any sales during or as a result of the show.
- All work must be available for the full duration of the exhibition.
- All work must be original and may not have been exhibited at TAC previously.
The important dates for the show are as follows:
February 1, 2019: 5:00pm: Entry Deadline
February 7, 2019: Notifications Sent
February 27: Work must be delivered to TAC between 9:00 AM and 5 PM.
February 26, 2019: Shipped artwork must arrive at TAC by this day.
March 1, 5:30-7:30: Opening Reception
April 7: Exhibition Closes
April 9: Art Pick Up