Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Policy
IN-PERSON CLASS AND OPEN STUDIO SAFETY PROTOCOL AGREEMENT
Phase 4 Reopening
In order to support our students, teachers, and staff while prioritizing everyone’s safety and well-being, TACHP will offer classes with limited enrollment numbers and safety protocols.
Monitored open studio may or may not be offered depending on available space and staffing.
Please note that class and open studio (if offered) protocols may change based on recommendations by health officials in response to changing pandemic conditions. TACHP will advise you of these changes as soon as we can and reserve the right to ask students to re-sign a protocol agreement.
TACHP BUILDING SAFETY PROTOCOLS – WE DID THE RESEARCH
The below protocols were based on the following:
In order to attend a class, workshop, and/or open studio at TACHP you will need to agree to and sign this document.
BUILDING ENTRY – LET’S ALL BE SAFE
In order to maintain social distancing, class, open studio, and workshop times will be staggered to the best of our ability to prevent too many people from arriving at one time. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before or after scheduled class time. The total number of people allowed in the
the building at one time will be limited according to Phase 4 guidelines.
CLASSROOM PROTOCOL – GUIDELINES TO HEALTHY USE
- Please go straight to your classroom and check in with your instructor upon entering the building
- Class sizes will be based on the size of the classroom in which the class is held. We will take into account the 6’ social distancing requirement and classrooms will be limited to 50% capacity or less.
- Classrooms will be set up for you prior to you entering the room. Please remain in your area. If you need to move from your designated space please inform the teacher in order to maintain social distancing. Masks must be worn at all times: this is non-negotiable.
- Depending on the class, open studio, or workshop there may be additional protocols that must be followed. If that is the case for your class, open studio, or workshop you will be asked to read and sign before registering for your class, open studio, or workshop.
CLEANING – WE ARE DOING OUR BEST
Staying healthy is everyone’s job. TACHP has shifted manpower to have facility staff following a scheduled cleaning protocol throughout the day but all students, faculty, and staff are requested to consistently clean any surface they contact during their sessions.
- Classrooms will be sanitized between each class, workshop, or open studio session.
- We are suggesting that students do not share tools when ever possible. Shared tools must be wiped down with a sanitizing solution, sanitizing wipes, or soap and water.
- Hand sanitizer can be found in each classroom and around the building.
- Wash your hands often. There are contactless soap and paper towel dispensers in every classroom and bathroom.
- Our HVAC system constantly circulates fresh air into the rooms
- Doors to classrooms will remain open to support air circulation
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY – IT JUST MAKES SENSE
- Water coolers are off-limits
- Disinfecting wipes will be available in all the bathrooms. Please use a paper towel or disinfecting wipe to open the bathroom doors and avoid the bare-hand touch of common surfaces
- If you have symptoms, stay home.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19, you must either quarantine for two-weeks OR take a COVID-19 test 3 days after exposure and receive a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19 and has been participating in a class at TACHP please contact James Lynch, Executive Director at email@example.com. This will allow us to take the necessary steps to inform anyone they may have come in contact with and sanitize according to CDC guidelines.
- Students who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 may not return to TACHP until they have received a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If a teacher has been exposed to COVID-19 they must quarantine for 14 days and receive a negative COVID-19 test result. Classes will either be postponed or cancelled and students will be notified. Credits for any missed classes will be placed on students accounts for use towards a future class.
- The elevator is single use only. One person at a time.
- TACHP reserves the right to do spot temperature checks of anyone entering the building
- If you refuse to follow any of the above items, you will be asked to leave the premises and no refund or credit for unused class time will be available.
I have read, understood, and will comply with the conditions and protocols listed in this document. Furthermore, I agree to hold harmless The Art Center, its faculty, staff, Board of Directors, or anyone connected to it, for any possible exposure to COVID-19 that might occur as a result of my participation in any programs I voluntarily attend.*
*When registering for a class you will be required to agree and sign the above document before you can checkout and attend a class.
Code of Conduct
In order to provide students, members, visitors and staff with a safe and supportive educational environment, TACHP has adopted a Code of Conduct. TACHP reserves the right to refuse registration to any student if administration or faculty deem the student to be disruptive or dangerous. No guns, firearms or any type of dangerous materials may be brought into TACHP. To help ensure safety, please stop by the office to receive a copy of the Code of Conduct.
Zero Tolerance Policy
TACHP is committed to a safe environment for all of our students, visitors, instructors, and donors. TACHP has a Zero Tolerance Policy to ensure the security and and creative freedom for all.
Classes may be postponed or cancelled when enrollment minimums are not met. We try to notify students of a cancellation a week prior to the start of each session, but from time to time cancellations are done at the last minute. Students will be notified by e-mail or phone of any cancellations.
If a class is cancelled, students may opt to receive a credit for future TACHP classes or the full tuition will be refunded by check and mailed within thirty days. TACHP reserves the right to change instructors/classes, or to discontinue any class, without incurring obligations.
A make-up week is scheduled at the end of each session in the event of a cancellation by the instructor or building closure due to inclement weather. A class must be cancelled by TACHP or the instructor to qualify for make-up week, which is considered part of the term. No refunds, credits or make-ups will be given for classes missed by the student (i.e. a student “no show”).
Tuition is refundable for all classes and workshops as follows:
- Dropped 7 or more days before the first date of the session: Tuition refunded or credit minus $50 processing fee. Dropped within 6 days before the first date of the session: Tuition is credited minus a processing fee equal to 50% of the tuition. Dropped after the start of the first session: NO REFUND/NO CREDIT.
- Dropped Workshops costing $100 or more
Dropped 7 or more days before the first date of the session: Tuition refunded or credit minus $50 processing fee. Dropped within 6 days before the first date of the session: NO REFUND/NO CREDIT. Dropped after the start of the first session: NO REFUND/NO CREDIT.
- Dropped Workshops costing under $100
Dropped 7 or more days before the first date of the session: Tuition refunded or credit minus $25 processing fee. Dropped within 6 days before the first date of the session: NO REFUND/NO CREDIT. Dropped after the start of the first session: NO REFUND/NO CREDIT.
Credits are good for one year past issue date and may be used towards any TACHP classes or workshops.
If a member will not be able to attend all of their classes, TACHP will pro-rate for a maximum of up to two classes out of a full session consisting of 8 weeks or more. Students may only pro-rate at the time of registration, not after registration is complete. Pro-ration is a member benefit. Non- members may not pro-rate. Please call the office at 847.432.1888 to register if you need to pro-rate a class.
Scheduled and Emergency Closings
Classes will not be held on most national holidays or during extremely inclement weather. TACHP tries to follow the decisions of Districts 112 & 113 regarding weather-related closings. Classes cancelled due to snow or other emergencies will be made up during the TACHP make-up week at the end of the
session. For Summer session 2018, TACHP will be closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
TACHP is accessible to those persons needing wheelchair or other ease of access support. TACHP is proud to be a Disability-Aware Business Member of JJ’s List’.
Membership contributions help support TACHP’s operations, exhibitions, scholarships and programming. Please note that memberships are required for Open Studios and for the Friday Figure Drawing & Painting Open Studio. Membership is not required to participate in adult and youth classes or workshops; however, all members receive a discounted tuition rate. Memberships are non-refundable and good for one year from the date of purchase.
The administration reserves the right to alter policies pertaining to courses, fees and other notices on the TACHP website and/or catalog, as deemed necessary, for the proper functioning of TACHP. The administration also reserves the right to cancel classes, workshops and open studios, and alter scheduling/staffing.
Permission to Photograph
TACHP retains the right to photograph any class, student, student work or event and reproduce the images at its discretion without incurring obligations.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
A limited number of financial aid/scholarshipsare available each session for adult, teen and children’s classes. Aid will be based on the financial needs of the student. Applications are available in the main TACHP office or on our website at theartcenterhp.org. The due date for winter 2019 applications has passed. No late applications will be accepted. Scholarship recipients will be charged a $50. Admin fee due by class start date.
Open studio is available for currently enrolled students as follows: Ceramics, Mosaics and enrolled Printmaking students may participate in Open Studio free of charge, but may incur supply costs. Currently enrolled students in Jewelry may participate in Open Studio for a supply fee. TACHP Members may participate in a Figure Drawing and Painting Open Studio every Friday from 9:30am-12:00pm with a punch card purchase. Open Studio times vary with each session. Contact TACHP staff for further information.