Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Policy
IN-PERSON CLASS AND OPEN STUDIO SAFETY PROTOCOL AGREEMENT
Phase 4 Reopening
In order to support our students, teachers, and staff while prioritizing everyone’s safety and well-being, TACHP will offer classes with limited enrollment numbers and safety protocols.
Monitored open studio may or may not be offered depending on available space and staffing.
Please note that class and open studio (if offered) protocols may change based on recommendations by health officials in response to changing pandemic conditions. TACHP will advise you of these changes as soon as we can and reserve the right to ask students to re-sign a protocol agreement.
TACHP BUILDING SAFETY PROTOCOLS – WE DID THE RESEARCH
The below protocols were based on the following:
In order to attend a class, workshop, and/or open studio at TACHP you will need to agree to and sign this document.
BUILDING ENTRY – LET’S ALL BE SAFE
In order to maintain social distancing, class, open studio, and workshop times will be staggered to the best of our ability to prevent too many people from arriving at one time. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before or after scheduled class time. The total number of people allowed in the
the building at one time will be limited according to Phase 4 guidelines.
CLASSROOM PROTOCOL – GUIDELINES TO HEALTHY USE
- Please go straight to your classroom and check in with your instructor upon entering the building
- Class sizes will be based on the size of the classroom in which the class is held. We will take into account the 6’ social distancing requirement and classrooms will be limited to 50% capacity or less.
- Classrooms will be set up for you prior to you entering the room. Please remain in your area. If you need to move from your designated space please inform the teacher in order to maintain social distancing. Masks must be worn at all times: this is non-negotiable.
- Depending on the class, open studio, or workshop there may be additional protocols that must be followed. If that is the case for your class, open studio, or workshop you will be asked to read and sign before registering for your class, open studio, or workshop.
CLEANING – WE ARE DOING OUR BEST
Staying healthy is everyone’s job. TACHP has shifted manpower to have facility staff following a scheduled cleaning protocol throughout the day but all students, faculty, and staff are requested to consistently clean any surface they contact during their sessions.
- Classrooms will be sanitized between each class, workshop, or open studio session.
- We are suggesting that students do not share tools when ever possible. Shared tools must be wiped down with a sanitizing solution, sanitizing wipes, or soap and water.
- Hand sanitizer can be found in each classroom and around the building.
- Wash your hands often. There are contactless soap and paper towel dispensers in every classroom and bathroom.
- Our HVAC system constantly circulates fresh air into the rooms
- Doors to classrooms will remain open to support air circulation
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY – IT JUST MAKES SENSE
- Water coolers are off-limits
- Disinfecting wipes will be available in all the bathrooms. Please use a paper towel or disinfecting wipe to open the bathroom doors and avoid the bare-hand touch of common surfaces
- If you have symptoms, stay home.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19, you must either quarantine for two-weeks OR take a COVID-19 test 3 days after exposure and receive a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19 and has been participating in a class at TACHP please contact James Lynch, Executive Director at email@example.com. This will allow us to take the necessary steps to inform anyone they may have come in contact with and sanitize according to CDC guidelines.
- Students who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 may not return to TACHP until they have received a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If a teacher has been exposed to COVID-19 they must quarantine for 14 days and receive a negative COVID-19 test result. Classes will either be postponed or cancelled and students will be notified. Credits for any missed classes will be placed on students accounts for use towards a future class.
- The elevator is single use only. One person at a time.
- TACHP reserves the right to do spot temperature checks of anyone entering the building
- If you refuse to follow any of the above items, you will be asked to leave the premises and no refund or credit for unused class time will be available.
I have read, understood, and will comply with the conditions and protocols listed in this document. Furthermore, I agree to hold harmless The Art Center, its faculty, staff, Board of Directors, or anyone connected to it, for any possible exposure to COVID-19 that might occur as a result of my participation in any programs I voluntarily attend.*
*When registering for a class you will be required to agree and sign the above document before you can checkout and attend a class.