As a non-profit organization, we rely on the generous support of volunteers to help us fulfill our mission. Volunteers support administrative tasks, assist with special events, and help with various projects and programs.
Although we welcome administrative support throughout the year, TAC’s need for volunteers is often dictated by our special events schedule. Please read below for specific responsibilities and timeframes associated with each event:
- Gala Committee members primarily work from January through early May. They help solicit in-kind donors to provide food and beverages for the event, donations for our silent auction, and they help set-up the silent auction in the days leading up to the event.
- TAC also needs help from volunteers on the night of the Gala to assist with guest check-in, silent auction monitoring, and raffle ticket sales.
The Festival of Fine Arts
- TAC requires a large number of volunteers to work the entry gates and information booths at this outdoor, art festival at the end of June. Over the two days of the festival, volunteers are asked to work 2 – 3 hour shifts beginning at 9:00 AM through 5:30 PM.
Gogh Green Recycled (pre-owned) Art Sale
- From July through October, TAC relies on volunteers to help research, catalog, clean and organize artwork donated for the Recycled (pre-owned) Art Sale.
- On the opening night of the event, volunteers help with guest check-in, monitoring the silent auction, serve as “runners” as people purchase art, and help hang/remove artwork.
To join The Art Center’s volunteer list, or for more information on volunteering, please complete the form below and indicate in what area you would like to volunteer at The Art Center. You may use the Comments section to list your qualifications, share other pertinent information, or ask questions.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Art Center – Highland Park!