A not-for-profit visual arts organization since 1960, The Art Center Highland Park (TACHP) provides a visual arts education to Highland Park and its surrounding communities, assuring access to the arts for all ages and cultural interests. This vigorous community-centered organization inspires everyone from tots through seniors to achieve and transform their world through more than 450 art classes offered annually in photography, oil and acrylic painting, watercolor, pastel, mixed media painting, ceramics, jewelry making, metalsmithing, digital arts, fiber art, mosaics, assemblage and more.
About the TAC Mission
The Art Center Highland Park (TACHP) is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to education in the contemporary visual arts through classes, outreach programs, gallery exhibitions and events. Our vibrant arts community delivers on our promise “Making Art Available” to all.
TACHP harnesses the transformative power of art to change and improve lives through impactful and innovative exhibitions. We showcase national and regional artists to our 4 museum quality gallery spaces with exhibitions for established and emerging artists. Community outreach is a vital part of our galleries ability to inspire, connect and expand the TACHP reach.
- Classes and Workshops: over 400 visual arts classes and workshops are offered annually, serving over 2400 children, teens, adults and senior citizens
- Student Scholarships: more than 200 need-based scholarships are offered each year to those in need for classes, workshops and creative summer art camps.
- Contemporary Art Exhibits: are held throughout the year in our museum quality galleries, featuring emerging through established artists.
- TAC Festival of Fine Art: the annual juried outdoor art festival and in June, that showcases the region’s and nation’s finest craft with over 25,000 attendees.
- Recycled Art Sale: now taking place in the Fall and will feature thousands of donated art works/art pieces for sale to benefit TAC’s scholarship program.
- Outreach Educational Programs: partnering with the NSSRA, Family Network, Nuestro Center, Family Service, Working Together, the Highland Park Senior Center, and many more.
- TAC Community Exhibit Outreach Program: mounting exhibits in local business retailers and Highland Park’s City Hall.
- February “Focus on Youth” Art Month: devoting all of TAC’s galleries each February to exhibiting the work of the talented students of Highland Park High School, Deerfield High School, and the twelve District 112 elementary and middle schools.
TAC is committed to a safe environment for all of our students, visitors, instructors, and donors. TAC has a Zero Tolerance Policy and a Code of Conduct to ensure the security and and creative freedom for all.