The Art Center Highland Park Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager has the responsibility for developing, coordinating and executing the The Art Center Highland Park’s (TAC) marketing plan and communications. The manager ensures timely, effective, and efficient marketing and communication strategies, and cohesive messaging across materials and efforts. This is a part-time position.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about sharing The Art Center Highland Park’s mission and brand, has demonstrated effectiveness in communicating ideas in concise words and images, and excels at communicating across all platforms; in person, through digital media and in written word.
- Set and guide the strategy for all marketing efforts and messaging to consistently communicate TAC’s mission, vision and brand.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral.
- Coordinate all media correspondence and write press releases. Maintain and build new media relationships.
- Manage external resources including website developer, designers and related outside vendors.
- Marketing savvy and experience with innovative print, web based and events strategies.
- An independent, energetic and creative thinker who is able to conceive, produce and simultaneously execute multiple compelling marketing materials on time and within budget.
- Interest in leveraging unique special events, appealing to a diverse audience base, to promote mission and brand.
- Strong understanding of graphic design, visual language, social media and web management.
- Accomplished at interfacing and engaging audiences from diverse socio-economic, religious, cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to build, motivate and work within a team to accomplish organizational goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a sense of humor and desire to work amongst a dynamic team is essential.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing non-profit environment.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Passionate and creative with a strong sense of initiative.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
- BA degree in marketing, arts management, or related field.
- 5+ years non-profit marketing management experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to oversee an organization-wide and comprehensive marketing program.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and databases.
- Technical marketing skills in the area of print design and production, advertising, direct mail, earned media, social media, online marketing, and public relations.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Constant Contact, and WordPress.
This is a part-time position, which may grow into a full time position in the future.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and a relevant work or writing sample to James M. Lynch, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your last name and Marketing & Communications Manager in the subject line.