A not-for-profit visual arts organization since 1960, The Art Center – Highland Park (TAC) provides a visual arts education to Highland Park and its surrounding communities, assuring access to the arts for all ages and cultural interests. This vigorous community-centered organization inspires everyone from tots through seniors to achieve and transform their world through more than 400 art classes offered annually in photography, oil and acrylic painting, watercolor, pastel, mixed media painting, ceramics, jewelry making, metalsmithing, digital arts, fiber art, mosaics, assemblage and more. TAC also brings national and regional art of established and emerging artists to our galleries through 20 exhibits of contemporary art each year to the surrounding community and Chicagoland area.
About the TAC Mission
The Art Center – Highland Park (TAC) is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to education in the contemporary visual arts through classes, outreach programs, gallery exhibitions and events. TAC is a community- based organization whose goal is to ensure access to the arts for all ages and cultural interests. The Art Center Highland Park is an Illinois 501 (c)3 not for profit organization.
- Classes and Workshops: over 400 visual arts classes and workshops are offered annually, serving over 2400 children, teens, adults and senior citizens
- Student Scholarships: more than 280 need-based scholarships are offered each year to those in need for classes, workshops and creative summer art camps.
- Contemporary Art Exhibits: are held throughout the year in our museum quality galleries, featuring emerging through established artists.
- TAC Festival of Fine Art: the annual juried outdoor art festival and in June, that showcases the region’s and nation’s finest craft with over 25,000 attendees.
- Upscale Art Resale (formerly Recycled): now taking place in the Fall and will feature thousands of donated art works/art pieces for sale to benefit TAC’s scholarship program.
- Outreach Educational Programs: partnering with the NSSRA, Family Network, Nuestro Center, Family Service, Working Together, the Highland Park Senior Center, and many more.
- TAC Community Exhibit Outreach Program: mounting exhibits in local business retailers and Highland Park’s City Hall.
- February “Focus on Youth” Art Month: devoting all of TAC’s galleries each February to exhibiting the work of the talented students of Highland Park High School, Deerfield High School, and the twelve District 112 elementary and middle schools.
TAC is committed to a safe environment for all of our students, visitors, instructors, and donors. TAC has a Zero Tolerance Policy and a Code of Conduct to ensure the security and and creative freedom for all.